Cal Lluís, more than 125 years of service to the public

The building of Cal Lluís is located in the heart of the village of Sant Martí Sarroca, at the font street, and was built between 1883 and 1884 by Teresa Casulleres and Lluís Gili, great grandparents of the present owner.

The first written document that referred to the economic activities of Cal Lluís dated 1887. The paper describes a grocery store, a butcher’s shop, an eating house, an inn and a wine cellar.

In 1987, commemorating the centenary of Cal Lluís, the place was transformed into the current restaurant. From all the pioneering restaurants of the town, Cal Louis is the only establishment which remains open despite having gone through different phases of activity.

A few years after its construction, the attached building also belonging to Cal Lluís became the headquarters of the New Choral Society and was also a ballroom. Just after the Civil War, entrepreneurial action of Lluís Gili Vallès converted this local into a permanent cinema, whose projections lasted until 1979.


Restaurant Cal Lluis 1887
T. 938 991 001


Carrer de la Font 34
08731 Sant Martí Sarroca

Facebook Enoturisme